Opening hours, loans and other library general info
Go to Library services and facilites page
What are the Library opening hours?
Regular Library hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00-19:00 / Friday 8:00-16:00
When the Library is closed, books can be returned via the book-drop at the library door.
Special hours (Pedagogical Days, Study Days, Off-Semester): Monday-Friday 8:00 to 16:00
How do I find a book in the Library?
If you are looking for a specific book, go to our Library Catalog
If the title is distinctive, the record will probably appear at the top of your search results. Check the Location (e.g., Library Shelves, Closed stack, Circulation) and take down the Call Number. This information will lead you to the book’s exact location in the library. If Borrowed is mentioned in book status, then the item is not available. If you want to borrow the book next, you must go to the Library Circulation Desk.
If you have searched for the title, and do not see a record for your book, you can do an entirely new search for the author alone using field author keyword this time. If we have a copy of the book, this search should find the record.
If you don't find the book, then we may have a copy in an electronic version in our e-book section (for online reading only, on and off campus).
If the book is listed as a required text in your course outline, please inform a staff member at the Circulation Desk. We will do our best to acquire a copy, but it will take time before the item is available for borrowing.
Still having trouble find a book? Look at our video tutorials in the FAQ section (below this one).
Library Koha catalog online video help
Online tutorials to use Koha, our new Library software. Posted with bywatersolutions permission.
How can I print from my laptop?
To print from your laptop, wirelessly
- Go to papercut online
- Check if you have enough money in your personal account (if not, go to the reception desk, but remember that this service allows printing on St. Lawrence campus only)
- Choose two-sided or single-sided printing
- Choose library printer 20201
Where is the printer?
The Library printer is located in Room 256 (the Talking Room).
How can I use the photocopier?
The Library printer in room 256 is also a photocopier.
To use the photocopier please follow these steps:
- Enter your student number
- Choose Next
- Enter your student password
- Choose Enter
- Put the original papers on the top of the cart printed side facing upwards. Remove all staples or paper clips before printing.
- Follow the instructions available on the printer screen and choose printing options
- 1, 2, 3... copies
- one sided- single sided
- paper size
- Be careful to logout so nobody else can use your account.
All instructions are also available in room 256.
If I can't print, what's happening?
There are several possible answers
- Did you use up all the money you have in your printing account? When your account has reached $0.30 you must replenish it in order to print.
- Did you choose the right printer (20201 in library)?
- Make sure you're not on the PDF printer (in printing options).
- Trouble printing a pdf file ? See the document here.
- There's no paper or toner left in the printer (in which case the info will appear on the printer itself).
On your laptop
- Did you access papercut online?
- One-sided printing only.
If you have any questions, ask library staff.
How do I add money to my printing account?
Please go to the reception desk.
How can I reserve a study room for teamwork?
How do I find information for my paper?
Go to Unlocking Research
This is an online guide developed to help you navigate your way through the research process, from the initial definition and development of your research topic to the final citation of your sources in your bibliography.
You can also drop by at the library and ask for the documentation technician.
How can I access the Library databases off campus?
Yes, you can access all library databases off campus.
Go to the D.P.M. Library main page.
On your left
- Choose the articles link if you need peer-reviewed articles and journals or statistics
- Choose the e-book and e-reference link if you need to access online-reading books and encyclopedias
Your request will be redirected to the Champlain - St.Lawrence access portal. Check video below.
Please login using your student Omnivox account's ID and password to access our databases.
Any problems? Send us a MIO at slclib.
If I can't access online references at home, what do I do?
To login once you're on St.Lawrence databases access page, please take the following steps:
- Use your Omnivox account ID/password.
- Check if your caps lock is on.
- Delete your browser History, and then try to login again.
- Open a different web browser, and then try to login.
- The name of the browser(s) you are using.
- The text, or a screenshot, of any error message(s) you are seeing.
- A contact number where you can be reached, while in front of your computer.
This information will help us to better diagnose and resolve the problem.
If you are off-campus and want to use the databases, then you first have to login to our proxy server. This establishes a remote connection to our network, and is equivalent to logging on to a computer when you are on-campus.
You can contact Library staff on Library opening hours.